sluggish for no reason

mikee

Fully Optimized
my computer acts all sluggish and there are no spikes in cpu. It sometimes takes a minute to open word or firefox and other programs. I will click it again and again but after a minute i have multiple instances show up. I have done avg scans and malwarebytes scans ran ccleaner. Even as I type this it plays catch up where it won't type but then i will watch as the words come on screen. This started when the hot humid weather came do you think that can have anything to do with it? I can't find a reason for this to be happening. Oh but the computer was working mid april and I left for 3 weeks and came back to it like this

Could be your memory situation or perhaps you have recently installed a program that is slowing down your computer. (This happened to me when I installed google chrome.)

im guessing disk i/o can you tempary disable your anti virus and monitor??

what do you mean by memory situation. The HDD? or RAM? Umm. Right now it's working fine but that's how it has been lately as soon as I write a post about a problem it stops happening but it sort of is an on off situation. It's just a little odd that it would happen after the computer sat unused and off for 3.5 weeks. I know no one could have messed with it while I was gone since it was in my dorm which was locked and the computer is password protected and I have no dorm mate.

The only AV I have running right now is panda cloud. Said AVG earlier by accident but meant panda cloud

can you see a hard-disk LED light? Does it flash on constantly when the system is going slow?? If yes then it will be something thrashing your disk

There is no hard drive thrashing what so ever the hdd led hardly ever blinks

what do you mean by memory situation. The HDD? or RAM? Umm. Right now it's working fine but that's how it has been lately as soon as I write a post about a problem it stops happening but it sort of is an on off situation. It's just a little odd that it would happen after the computer sat unused and off for 3.5 weeks. I know no one could have messed with it while I was gone since it was in my dorm which was locked and the computer is password protected and I have no dorm mate.

The only AV I have running right now is panda cloud. Said AVG earlier by accident but meant panda cloud

Could be either check everything to do with memory.

Back
Top Bottom