What's your favorite search engine?

jetsmell

In Runtime
Tell us your favorite search engine , and why. I've been using Google and it's ok, just getting an urge to change , that's all.

Try everyclick Raise money for charity with Everyclick it tends to give different results to Google and it is a charity that raises money through adverts and sponsored links, you also get to select who you want your searches to be donated to (^.^)
Or if find you prefer Google's results you could save some energy with blackle, which produces the same results as Google, Blackle - Energy Saving Search - for those of us concerned about the environment, or the energy bill, this search engine will produce a small saving.

Google.

all day long, used other search engines once in a while but they just don't seem to give me the results i want like google does?

The question is my friends, Google is excellent, i think 99% if not 100% of you here will agree, why? Because it returns the most relevant results yes?

Now, i ask why does only google return the most relavent results? One possibility is that because like myself most of you are long term users of google so without realising it we may have adapted our searches in a way that google likes, and maybe Bing doesnt? Maybe if we all bought into Yahoo and used that for the last 10 years we would havew adapted our searches i na way that means Yahoo brings back more relavent search results?

Just a theory lol

Personally i don't think i have changed the way i search but more than the results it's just the way it is displayed and formatted so clean, easy to see everything and niceley laid out.

But another question those last comments, particualry "easy to see everything" again is that because i've used google for the last 10 years or so? I'm used to it therefore it feels natural to me and yahoo feels unnatural?

Way too much to think about in a thread where my reply could have simple been "Google" but i like to provoke thought lol

home_logo.gif

as time goes on the gap between google and "Who ever is 2nd?" gets bigger

Back
Top Bottom