How is life in the UK ?

The south coast is very expensive.... If you're willing to go live in Scotland however prices are much kinder, even a budgeting student can afford an apartment in Edinburgh. It's just such a beautiful city.

In terms of rent, generally speaking the more it is (in terms of area) the higher the salary is as well - London being the classic example. So if you live in an area where the cost of living is high then chances are you can get a better salary too. Not always how it works out, but roughly speaking it's right.

Tax is generally high, but again it's just something you're used to over here. I'd prefer to pay tax honestly than be left in a situation like Greece!

of course the best way to do it is to live in a low-cost area and work in london :p
Yes, but then transport in and around London is also rather expensive. From here (Canterbury) it's going to be about £5-6k for a rail card in for the year!

Everything in London is expensive, You could pay 600-700 rent for a small flat.

Travel is expensive, If you want to get on the underground and only go one stop it costs 7gbp peak time.

I pay 300gbp to commute to work every day (20 Mile trip), Thats for an over head train, then 400gbp if i want underground as well

Back
Top Bottom