New to building

puzowned

Solid State Member

what games and what sort of graphics levels do you want to play? also what's your budget and i'll see what i can put together for you.
Oh and go with WD Black for a HDD not blue as black is the fastest out of the WD range

what games and what sort of graphics levels do you want to play? also what's your budget and i'll see what i can put together for you.
Oh and go with WD Black for a HDD not blue as black is the fastest out of the WD range

I plan on playing first person shooters(Brink, Call of Duty, Battlefield BC2, Portal 2, etc.), and then some other games like Diablo 3(Whenever it's going to come out...), Dragon Age 2, and what graphics levels I play them on would be somewhat high, but I wouldn't need it all the way up. My budget is probably anywhere under $1,000 but I could maybe stretch to $1,200 but that's it. Thanks.

I prefer to get IDE version of the optical drives. It frees up sata ports for future upgrading. You need to switch out that power supply to 750W+. The Nvidia card has a required minimum of 600W and AMD processors suck a lot of power.

I prefer to get IDE version of the optical drives. It frees up sata ports for future upgrading. You need to switch out that power supply to 750W+. The Nvidia card has a required minimum of 600W and AMD processors suck a lot of power.

Ok, thanks. I upgraded the power supply to this:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

I think instead of using an IDE Optical Drive, I'll just get a Blu ray burner. I think that will last me for a while.

I just skimmed your motherboard specs. It doesn't appear to support SLI. Therefore you will only be able to have 1 Nvidia card in your rig.

I just skimmed your motherboard specs. It doesn't appear to support SLI. Therefore you will only be able to have 1 Nvidia card in your rig.

Like I said, I'm pretty new to this. Is there a Motherboard that you would recommend? Or one that would be good for what I'm doing?

The ASUS M4N98TD EVO will probably work better for you if you wish to stay with a AMD build. Seeing as this is a budget build that is probably what you will stay with anyways. However, check that the cpu and memory is supported.

Back
Top Bottom