Random Chit Chat

8mq.png

It's a 256bit bus, so it should have precisely 1024 then. I think what the program was reading was after OS allocation.

It's a 256bit bus, so it should have precisely 1024 then. I think what the program was reading was after OS allocation.

I see. I think it was GTAIV, Shogun 2, and SCII that tells me I have less than 1024Mb. Should I just count it as 965Mb or 1024Mb when changing the graphics settings?

Does your 5870 oc well?

The only tool I have used to OC was the catalyst control. I don't see any point in OC'ing my 5870 as it is my CPU/RAM that is bottlenecking my games.

I'm guessing this is your card?
GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - ATI - PCI Express Solution - Radeon HD 5000 series - GV-R587OC-1GD

850MHz is the stock clock for a 5870. It seems Gigabyte decided to sell one that is a bit higher clocked.

Gigabyte brings the power of graphics ‘supercomputing' to enthusiasts with their GV-R587OC-1GD featuring Ultra Durable VGA and overclocked 870MHz Core Clock.

Also seems like yours OC better than mines too.

Gigabyte's UDV board employs high quality components including 2 oz Copper PCB, 1st tier memory, Japanese solid capacitors, ferrite core chokes and lower RDS (on) MOSFET, resulting in 5% - 10% lower GPU temperature, 10%~30% better overclocking capability and 10%~30% less power switching loss.

Source -
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R587OC-1GD Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Back
Top Bottom