Almost done...

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been online nearly as much as I used to be. Truth be told, I've actually been in an Inpatient treatment program for Veterans with PTSD for the last 6 weeks. I graduate this upcoming Thursday and will be back online like I used to be. It's been a long journey and my signature pretty much sums up how I've felt about the whole thing. To my friends on here, or at least who I consider friends, I missed you guys and will be back online soon enough :) I got internet through my phone and have been randomly checking on the site but not posting so much, here and there but nothing major. So what's been going on the last 6 weeks in my life? For those who care to know, here's a synopsis.

The program focuses on anger, anxiety, hyper-arousal and emotional numbing. The main focus of the program is a class called CPT, or Cognitive Process Therapy. PTSD is a combination of war time traumatic events plus the existence or development of stuck points.... negative beliefs about oneself due to the traumatic experience. The goal of the therapy is change the beliefs to something more realistic by examining real life evidence and other factors of the 'stuck point.' My views on life have been drastically changed...

Another goal of the program is family therapy that my wife has been involved with. Through the various treatment classes and therapy sessions, I have been able to build a stronger bond with my family as a whole and stop isolating myself when I start to feel the anxiety or anger rear it's ugly head.

Now you may be asking yourself, why the truck is InfectionZero going into this much detail about his personal life like somebody really cares?

This. There are over 12 Million reported cases (reported being the key word there) of combat PTSD in the United States. That number is much higher in reality and I'm sure that combat veterans of Europe experience the same damaging effects of this condition. There is help my friends and you're not alone for those out there that suffer from combat related PTSD. If you live in the United States, contact your local VA and ask about this program, it really helps.

To the rest of you who are not combat veterans, please support your troops. You don't have to agree with the war, as even I don't. I took human life on false pretense and that's one of my major issues. I killed someone for doing the exact same thing that I would have in the same scenario (my country being invaded by a foreign power imposing their own view of political policy). For those of you who support the war, I'm really not interested in arguing the validity of this war so please don't post in here if you're going to troll your political views. Whether you support the war or not is really none of my concern or care, I just want people to be a little more educated about the aftermath of war, outside of the toll on human life.

To end this thread of basically /rant, I leave you with the entire quote from Paradise Lost by John Milton.

"O Progeny of Heav'n, Empyreal Thrones,
With reason hath deep silence and demur
Seiz'd us, though undismay'd: long is the way
And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light;
Our prison strong, this huge convex of Fire,
Outrageous to devour, immures us round
Ninefold and gates of burning Adamant
Barred over us prohibit all egress."
BOOK II John Milton Paradise Lost

Good to hear that graduation day is looming! It's been kind of sad without you :(

Been busy. School is riding me hard. On the + side I turn 21 on Tuesday so I'm counting down the days :)

Happy early birthday man!! Hopefully you're doing well in school, from your posts on FB I would say that you're doing pretty well. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more interaction with everyone here.

Thanks! I live 2 blocks from Milwaukee's "Water" street which is full of bars. I'll be hitting them up :)

Eh, it's going lol. I"m just trying to make the best of it. Needless to say I can't wait till it's over.

Are you doing anything big to celebrate (if that's an appropriate word) your successful treatment?

Wondered what happened to you. Good to see you back.
I'm glad there's such programs out there.

Back
Top Bottom