Math question (simple)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy1953

In Runtime
What's so special about the first four rows in the following triangle?:

............7......8......9........10........... etc.

(etc. meaning that the triangle goes on indefinitely starting with 11)

Dude. Can you please make one thread, title it "Comp Explorer's Math Thread" and not spam our social lounge with these pointless mathematical threads in which the math is useless?

Thank you

Dude. Can you please make one thread, title it "Comp Explorer's Math Thread" and not spam our social lounge with these pointless mathematical threads in which the math is useless?

Thank you

Do you regard the following thread by 01001010 as spam titled "Math question (simple)" posted on 5/2/2011?

Thank you.

Do you regard the following thread by 01001010 as spam titled "Math question (simple)" posted on 5/2/2011?

Thank you.
Even if I did (which I don't, it was quite a funny bit of sarcasm IMO) by the same grounds you'd have much more spam threads than he does...

What's so special about the first four rows in the following triangle?:

- They're the only 4 consecutive rows with precisely one double digit number
- They're the only 4 rows in the whole triangle that contain single digit numbers
- They're the only 4 rows that contain an even prime number
- They're the only 4 rows I've ever seen with full stops in between the numbers
- They're the only 4 consecutive rows that end with the same number of numbers in the row as number of rows you've written down
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 1
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 2
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 3
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 4
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 5
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 6
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 7
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 9
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 10
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 11
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 12
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 13
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 14
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 15
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 16
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 17
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 18
- They're the only 4 rows where you can pick numbers in those rows that add up to 19

Adding another pattern to those first four rows

Those first four rows are factorials (1!, 3!, 5! and 7!).

There are more patterns in that triangle which I'll let you discover for yourselves.

(btw Berry120, you're always welcome to my threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom