Math question (semi-simple)

Your threads? Serve you much better? If you find it offensive, ignore it. Or write a greasemonkey script to replace all swear words with innocent counterparts.

You're possibly in the worst place ever known on these forums to tell a moderator (of all people) what language he can and can't use. If you don't like it, stop posting.

Keep in mind that it is my thread which I started. I regard all moderators as human beings who need to hear feedback once in a while as I'm sure they're striving to improve. Would you prefer for me to keep quiet?

KI regard all moderators as human beings who need to hear feedback once in a while as I'm sure they're striving to improve. Would you prefer for me to keep quiet?

Considering the way you are doing it, yes. A proper way would have been to send him a PM saying that you were offended by what he said, NOT by telling him how to do his job.

Keep in mind that it is my thread which I started.
It's a thread that you started, but that doesn't mean you have rights over everything that should or shouldn't be said in that thread. The threads are not your possession in the slightest. If you want possession and overruling privileges, go start your own forum and see how that fares.

I regard all moderators as human beings who need to hear feedback once in a while as I'm sure they're striving to improve.
Then send a polite PM, don't post an argumentative post. Whether or not he should have used a word you might happen to find offensive isn't the point here, it's how you dealt with it.

Would you prefer for me to keep quiet?
I'm not usually one to use big, bold fonts for the sake of it, but:
YES.

Question for root only

You said:

"but I really suggest that when you are replying to someone that you use the quote tags, it'll make your end post a lot easier to read and understand what you're writing and what other people have written." What exactly do you mean by quote tags? In other words, what do they look like? What do you press to get them (the quote marks from the keyboard? Or do you simply click on "reply with quote" which I use quite a bit to make it easy for the readers to see who I'm addressing?

Re: Question for root only

You said:...

if you press "reply with quote" your text will automatically be wrapped in "tags"

[quote ]what he said[/quote ]

you can add these tags manually if you want as well,

that will let you take a very large piece of text...

for example if I write.

point 1...
point 2...

if you want to respond to each of those points you can write...
[quote ]point1...[/quote ]
response to point 1
[quote ]point2...[/quote ]
response to point 2

and that'll look like this
point1...
response to point 1
point2...
response to point 2

one more thing that you may notice is that you can attribute your quotes to individuals

root said:
what I said[/quote ]
looks like this
root said:
what I said

which is helpful if you want to post from a reference else where
www.wikipedia.org said:
text[/quote ]
www.wikipedia.org said:

What exactly do you mean by quote tags? In other words, what do they look like? What do you press to get them (the quote marks from the keyboard? Or do you simply click on "reply with quote" which I use quite a bit to make it easy for the readers to see who I'm addressing?

You either click reply with quote or you can type [quote ] followed by your quote, followed by [ /quote ] (without any spaces.) Makes it much easier to see when you're quoting someone.

EDIT: Just saw root posted that as well!

Back
Top Bottom