Is math real?

once again you've somewhat missed the point.

either through sheer bloody mindedness, stupidity or just trying to stir a pot that should just be left well alone...

you're not debating, you're intentionally misreading posts and aggressively challenging people.

nobody said that maths existed before the universe, nobody even said anything like that, you appear to have intentionally misread a post, gotten a meaning that was never even inferred out of it.

Berry pointed out that the argument had moved far away from maths and into philosophy, a simple and true statement -yet you somehow managed to come back to that. you intentionally misread his post and formed a pathetic reply seemingly just to get someone to come back and reply to point out how once again you've completely missed the point.

just like you've intentionally misread my post.
I didn't tell you that you shouldn't debate anything, I've never said that you should produce a different opinion to anyone else.

nothing you've said so far can be thought of as even mildly close to debating.

so basically, once again, you're looking at a post, intentionally misreading it. posting argumentative gibberish and seem like you're look for a rise out of someone.

You're not debating, you're being argumentative and looking for a rise out of people, it's not a fun thing for anyone except yourself. regardless of how many threads you post, you are not "the community" here, a community of people that I give a proverbial crap about and would happily ban you from before your idiocy drives people away.

once again.

I'll say in plain English.

debating is fine.
providing a challenging point of view is fine.
arguing your side is fine.

Intentionally twisting words and finding meaning where there is none and seemingly looking to start arguments is not fine.

I'm not sure how I can put this, but if you don't start acting and posting like the responsibly intelligent adult that you claim to be then I'll make it so you can't post any more.

and that warning goes for all threads private messages, or profile posts. (not just this thread which had run it's course and should have died days ago).

if there ever were a bottom line to a thread this is it.

"start posting sensibly or I'll ban you".

and that statement is not up for debate (as I've defined sensible above).

We do use Math for our everyday lives.

As long as it's being used and you think of it, yes - I bet it's real.

You might think that it's just another product of our mind, but, to be honest, just don't.

It is a product but it wasn't just created for no reason.

I am not a mathematical genius and honestly I am also finding it hard to fully comprehend the vistas of knowledge presented by mathematics and its various applications but I think that math is very much real because it is what could be relied to explain a lot of things occurring in our natural world. Math can then be considered as one of the many exact science.

As in soil on earth. What I mean't was... what if the way their minds work is so vastly different to ours that the way they do thngs makes no sense what-so-ever to us - and vice-versa.

If we were at all relevant to these so called beings, why should they have to be different, that is, us as java, and them the soil? In other words, if we are able to represent them, or vice-versa, then there is a underlying connection. If not, then we are irrelevant to each other.

EDIT:
Also, to refer to the title of the thread: Is math real?
It cannot be absolutely answered, you would first have to better define what real is.

it is the mark of an instructed mind to rest satisfied with that degree of precision which the nature of the subject admits and not to seek exactness where only an approximation of the truth is possible....:cool:

Back
Top Bottom