My PC doesn't turn on

esleep

Beta member
So yeah I got the blue screen of death on Easter Sunday. Once I got the BSOD I did a simple reboot but my PC hasn't turned on since. The power button glows orange instead of green and my fans spin loudly instead of their usual quiet blow.

I have an old Dell XPS gen 4 with original parts. I called thieir tech support. Sometimes they want me to pay and sometimes they give me free advice. I dunno why its random like that. They told me that I needed a new motherboard so I bought a refurbished one online but it didn't solve anything.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appriciated. :eek:

EDIT: Weird, my PC just turned on to a black screen but it says "Your system battery is low"

I had always thought the BSOD meant... you're computer was dead. Usually a critical issue, often your CPU and/or motherboard. I've always thought the BSOD for a computer is equivalent to totaling a car. I'm no master though. Recently my friend had an issue with his comp starting up and it was because of a stick of RAM gone bad.

Just some thoughts, take of it what you will.

I know how to fix a BSOD, its just my PC wouldn't turn on at all. The new Motherboard I got fixed the problem but then my PC still had the BSOD. A fresh install of Windows cleared that up. Though I'm still getting the new error "You system battery is low press F1 to continue or F2 for BIOS". My PC runs just fine, its just an annoying error to see every time I boot up.

I do believe your system battery needs to be replaced. :D

Someone can correct me if I am wrong: but I do believe this is the battery on your MOBO should look like an "over-sized" watch battery. If its a refurbished MOBO they could have never replaced the battery.

Just a guess, google it :D

Most Common cause of BSOD: Memory, Graphics chips and/or any kind of driver.

The 'system Battery' is the large circular battery that powers the CMOS. Aptly known by most as a CMOS Battery.

A BSOD doesn't mean your PC is dead, it just means that something inside is wrong, damaged or installed incorrectly. A whole host of things can cause a BSOD, from outdated/corrupted network drivers to fried chips and popped caps. Occasionally, incorrect seating of components that go unnoticed during POST can cause BSODs, as well as irreversable damage.

In this case, i can't tell you without the error code. If you can provide the Error code, either I or Microsoft can provide you a list of possible problems.

it should be in this format on the blue screen, if not, it will be in the crash dump (MEMORY.DMP i think)

0x00000000 <- with a number at the end instead of several zeroes.

I do believe your system battery needs to be replaced. :D

Someone can correct me if I am wrong: but I do believe this is the battery on your MOBO should look like an "over-sized" watch battery. If its a refurbished MOBO they could have never replaced the battery.

Just a guess, google it :D

I've seen the battery, its a small silver circular object that pops out easily. It is a refurbished MOBO so I assume you may be right. The best thing I could find using google was to buy a new battery from Radio Shack or somewhere similar.

id say take the power cable out of the computer, then remove the motherboards battery and leave for 10 minutes. Then put the battery back in and turn on your computer

Back
Top Bottom