nzxt bunker causes USB Overcurrent

BlackTestament7

Beta member
I recently just bought a custom computer from iBuyPower. I got a nzxt bunker and 12-in-1 flash media reader along with a USB expansion port. Neither the bunker or usb expansion would work when I turned on the computer. I opened the case and saw neither were connected to the motherboard so I connected them and got sent to a page from American Megatrends that says I have a usb overcurrent and that the computer will shut down in 15 seconds. I tried just using one or the other and the same thing would happen. I tried disconnecting the 12-in-1 flash media port and installing the bunker and it still didn't work.

I have an ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard along with two Nvidia Geforce 570 graphics cards that i upgraded from a Nvidia GeForce 550ti. I also will upgrade the memory from A-DATA Gaming Series 8GB (2GB x 4) to Corsair Vengance Blu 12GB (4GB x 3) today.

I can't tell if there's something wrong with the motherboard or the bunker just causes this. I'd like for all my parts to work instead of just most of them.

As I see it, the bunker is just a fancy USB expansion port, correct? It sounds like the bunker, if it is causing the overcurrent, is defective and you should get it replaced.

Yeah, it's just four usb ports on the front of the system, I only wanted it because the Chimera case has the usb ports on the top of the case not the front but doesn't matter. If it must be replaced I'll just get another one.

Back
Top Bottom