Is math real?

Pink elephants

You're obviously adhere to the law of the excluded middle (which I and the intuitionists don't fully accept).

Within the mind both the real and the unreal can exist side by side. In fact as soon as you form a concept of one, you must have the other to fully understand it.

At one time, in math, there was just the "real" numbers before the complex numbers came along (and other numbers after it).

To say math existed before the universe came along is nonsense to me. I say it's a creation of the human mind(s) which, to start off with, was descriptive of physics and other areas and later, became more and more abstract.

What's your response?

I never said math existed before the universe came along. I'm just saying that mathematics is exists through the perception of the human mind, which is all that matters. What we believe to exist is what we perceive and comprehend. Anything else is irrelevant to us.

This will be my last post in this thread. I'm exhausted.

JogaBonito,

You did have this to say: "Mathematics came before any sort of quantified physical laws if you consider rudimentary arithmetic..." in post #23 so now you're turning around when you say "I never said math existed before the universe came along."

are you just trying to be argumentative.

or do you seriously have trouble reading and understanding what other people are saying?

Re: Pink elephants

You're obviously adhere to the law of the excluded middle (which I and the intuitionists don't fully accept).

Within the mind both the real and the unreal can exist side by side. In fact as soon as you form a concept of one, you must have the other to fully understand it.

At one time, in math, there was just the "real" numbers before the complex numbers came along (and other numbers after it).

To say math existed before the universe came along is nonsense to me. I say it's a creation of the human mind(s) which, to start off with, was descriptive of physics and other areas and later, became more and more abstract.

What's your response?

Just how old are you? You post and act like a 13 year old but talk like you're 25...

Back
Top Bottom