Thoughts on Corsair Vengence RAM

Kylothian

Baseband Member
Im currently running 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 and i was looking at the latest releases of corsair.
They brought out the Corsair Vengence DDR3 2000 CL10 does any one have thoughts on this? Is it worth upgrading?

Probably not to be honest - I suppose it depends on the other specs in your system, and if you are ok to spend money for a small increase in performance.

You would notice an upgrade from 4GB to 8GB with the Vengeance RAM, if your system allows it (I assume it would), but swapping the original 4GB for the newer 4GB wouldn't yield major benefits (although granted, there would be an improvement, but again it depends on the system / what you are going to do with it - if you are just word processing and surfing the web, dont expect to see much)

if your not using any programs that are demanding then i wouldn't bother espicially if your just going to swap the 4gb for another 4gb but if you where to go up to a 8gb then you probably end up noticing more of a difference

well this is my current setup i have
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
CPU: AMD X4 965 3.4GHZ Black Edition
Memory: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3- 1600Mhz
Graphics Card: ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU TOP/2DIS/1GD5

Im going to get 8gb of RAM, but i take it, it will perform better since its 2000mhz cause otherwise i might aswell get another 4gb of dominator ram.

Im doing alot of hosting and bit of gaming, having 8gb is the first of my upgrades i want to in my machine. so i want to make sure this is RAM ill be going with, the vengance is on a special here so i dont see why not. I just was not sure how it will run performance wise

Back
Top Bottom