Ubuntu 11.04 ?

sahabcse

In Runtime
Hi All

Ubuntu 11.04 stable version is released on April 28th. If any body tested this new version.

Please share your experience here.

Likewise. The GUI is sketchy though...

Also, I haven't booted Windows in 3 days because I can't :p

Sketchy how? It's similar to 10.10 appearance wise, it just has a new desktop environment and a sidebar.
btw that sidebar is epic! :D

Sketchy how? It's similar to 10.10 appearance wise, it just has a new desktop environment and a sidebar.
btw that sidebar is epic! :D

Well, i tried to enable the desktop cube in Compiz and it just broke the entire GUI. Took me an hour to fix that particular goof. Also, whenever I change any video settings the GUI (particularly the toolbar) gets messed up.
Also, the sidebar just feels a little unresponsive and sluggish to me. And I'm not entirely sure what the point of it is to be quite honest.

Well, i tried to enable the desktop cube in Compiz and it just broke the entire GUI. Took me an hour to fix that particular goof. Also, whenever I change any video settings the GUI (particularly the toolbar) gets messed up.
Also, the sidebar just feels a little unresponsive and sluggish to me. And I'm not entirely sure what the point of it is to be quite honest.

Yes, I had the same issue with CompizConfig, it was made for Gnome, not Unity.
You can revert back to Gnome by logging out and then choosing your desktop session when you log in again. Choose Ubuntu Classic.

The point of the sidebar was to minimize vertical space usage for netbooks, tablets, and monitors I think.

Yes, I had the same issue with CompizConfig, it was made for Gnome, not Unity.
You can revert back to Gnome by logging out and then choosing your desktop session when you log in again. Choose Ubuntu Classic.

The point of the sidebar was to minimize vertical space usage for netbooks, tablets, and monitors I think.
I know, that's what I had to do to fix it....

Yes, but the top left button has much of the same content. A lot of it seems redundant.

I know, that's what I had to do to fix it....

Yes, but the top left button has much of the same content. A lot of it seems redundant.
Well I like the fact that the maximized window puts all the window controls in the top bar, it really makes good use of otherwise empty space, which is a plus when browsing. The page is almost full screen.

Well I like the fact that the maximized window puts all the window controls in the top bar, it really makes good use of otherwise empty space, which is a plus when browsing. The page is almost full screen.
Eh. I don't really see why they couldn't do that and still have the icons up there.

Eh. I don't really see why they couldn't do that and still have the icons up there.

Yeah, they could've do that with the same fading thing like with the menus. I miss my eyeballs :(
And why did they take the weather thing out of the calendar? That was a feature I liked in 10.10.

Back
Top Bottom