Computer Running at 105 Degrees!

Ive ordered artic silver thermal paste also, im going to clear all the dust and hopefully that will drop the high temperature. This is my first system and i had no idea how much hassle/stress it is, next time ill be much better prepared.

most repair shops have an air compressor on site (bloody fun to use), ask around and see if any of them will let you use it to de-dust your rig.

dust can be a nuisance when it comes to keeping temps down.

You can use a domestic Vacuum too, but it's less effective.

Ive just downloaded speed fan and here are the results when computer is in moderate use: (all in degrees)

GPU - 27
System 36
CPU - 71
Aux - 85 - whats this?
HD0 - 30C
Core 0 - 69
Core 1 - 70

Also some fan information:

sys fan 0RPM
CPU Fan 2010 RPM
Aux Fan - 0RPM

Seems like the AUX is running hot with no fan but i have no idea what this is, Can anything be gathered from this?

@Ihuser, Most coolers come with enough thermal paste pre-applied by the manufacturer, atleast my Freezer Pro did, and most other cooler's ive seen.

I don't like the premade pads. I've had heard bad stories about them, and I dealt with one. The pad actually chocked the CPU to transfer heat and was heating up quite bad (50C idle). Removed the pad and put some thermal paste and it was down to 36C, which osunds normal for a Prescott CPU.

Yeah it can be pretty bad, particularly on AMD and Intel stock coolers. The stock pad on my Freezer Pro seems to be pretty good though, and it saves the tedious mucking about with thermal paste, especially if it isn't a new tube and you have to find a needle to dig out the solidified stuff and so on lol

I don't like the premade pads. I've had heard bad stories about them, and I dealt with one. The pad actually chocked the CPU to transfer heat and was heating up quite bad (50C idle). Removed the pad and put some thermal paste and it was down to 36C, which osunds normal for a Prescott CPU.
not teaching you to suck eggs or anything, but it's a bit obvious when you think about it...

metal to metal conducts the best heat.
the only reason that you're using thermal paste is to fill in any tiny air gaps in the metal to metal contact made by the machining process. if you have one of those really think gummy pads that manufacturers seem to insist on putting onto heat sinks then you're getting a less efficient thermal transfer than you'd get if you applied a thermal paste yourself. (in a sparing fashion allowing the paste to do it's job of creating a better surface for the metal to metal contact which will allow for the most heat transfer).

Back
Top Bottom