Motherboard+CPU bundles, which one?

ollie7

Beta member
I am wanting to upgrade from a Pentium 4 2.8mhz hyper threading cpu, which one of these would be better, I would be using it for some HD video editing as well as a few games:

AMD® Phenom X3 Triple Core 8250 Processor 1.9mhz
B Grade 8250 Phenom X3 Hybrid SLi Graphics Bundle with 2GB Memory Free Delivery : Motherboard Processor Bundles : Maplin

Dual Core AMD Athlon 7550 X2 Board Bundle 2.5mhz
Dual Core AMD Athlon 7550 X2 Board Bundle Free Delivery : Motherboard Processor Bundles : Maplin

I was thinking the first bundle as it has the video cards and 2gb of ram (which I can add more at a later date). Although there is a a 0.6mhz difference between the two I am also thinking the extra core makes up for that. Correct me If I am wrong, but that is the only reason in which i am debating about, the difference in mhz. Would both of these be an improvement to the current pentium 4 2.8mhz?

they would be an improvement most likely (can't tell without all of your specs) but really both of these are outdated hugely. The one that comes with ram only has DDR2 ram which is half the speed of most DDR3 and if you are wanting to get a computer for HD video editing and some gaming and you want them to run at a decent rate i'd suggest you save up around about 700-800 and then build your own comp

Back
Top Bottom