SONY hacking

wonderboy1953

In Runtime
I heard from the news yesterday that SONY was hacked and possibly its 77 million subscribers' personal information has been compromised.

Do you have a response to this?

yeah well i guess the playstation network has been down. I guess they got of hold of Peoples names, and sonys username and password. So if you use the same password for everything and play ps3 then I would change it.

All the more reason to change your passwords on a regular basis and to keep an eye on your credit card bills.

I must say though I thought this title was misleading. I thought sony was hacking someone, not being hacked.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it illegal to store credit card information in plain text? Or is that just a security convention for the smaller programmers who makes ecommerce scripts and not people like paypal and google checkout etc?

I doubt anything was stored in plain text with the exception of maybe usernames. That doesn't mean someone with enough money, time or a strong enough computer + program can't break the rest of the encrypted data.

Back
Top Bottom