Gaming PC for $1800 good deal?

KiingDavid

Baseband Member
Hey guys I'm new just wanted some input whether or not i should buy this computer

Specs are:
CPU: 2600k*
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Fermi 786MHZ
Case: Fractal Design R3*
MB: Asus P8P67 deluxe*
RAM: Corsair XMS3 1600mhz 8gb CL9-9-9-27 240PIN
HD: none
SSD: OCZ vertex 2 120gb
Mice: SteelSeries Ikari
Keyboard: SteelSeries 7G*
5 1/2 Bay: Samsung DVD burner*
Monitor: Samsung 2494SW* 24inch 5ms
CPU Cooler: Coolit ECO 120MM Liquid Cooling
PSU: Corsair AX-750 Gold 80 plus

for $1800 CND before taxes will be a bit over $2000 with taxes. I don't have too long to decide. any input is appreciated thanks

being able to get a computer with the i7 2600k for only 1800 sounds like a good deal but also which GTX 570 is it, as there are so many different one's and some of them aren't always the best. Besides that i'd say everything looks good except for the HDD as it is only 120 gb and the CPU cooler (but that is because i am not that familiar with most of the cpu cooler's) but that you can always change if you want. So overall i'd say your looking at a pretty good deal.

Also it would be helpful if you could leave more detail than that such as the RPM rate of the HDD and which exact GPU it is (asus, evga etc.)

1) What is your budget?
<$1800
2) What size notebook would you prefer?

15-15.4, not desktop replacement

3)...

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Don't like macs, don't much care for Toshiba or Dell

5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
Gaming and schoolwork

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
Taking it with me

7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
Yes, America's Army, F.E.A.R., Crysis, Civ

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
The more the better

9) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person?
Not at all

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
XP or vista home premium(with turboRAM)

College Girls

and this has to do with his question how??

Its the MSI OC gtx 570. also yeah the cpu cooler isnt the best but im just looking for a decent 4.5ghz stable overclock on the cpu. Also i intend to play Battlefield 3 when it comes out. I might have to get another 570 in the future to play on the highest settings.

Is this build good enough for BF3?

personally i'd change the cpu cooler to maybe the corsair h70 as you want to make sure it is well cooled. Also i don't know if it's good enough for bf3, i would have a guess at yes as this would run most modern games, but as i dont know any of the spec requirements i cant tell

Back
Top Bottom