CF To Get A Sidebar?

JCB1

Daemon Poster
Hi

What do you guys think about this site getting a sidebar like the one on this site vBulletin Community Forum on the right hand side??

I think having a sidebar will make it a little easier to see the latest posts on this site. What do you think?

Pros: Mods can see spam posts quicker
Experienced users can see new posts easier (I.E. you might have 4 new posts in the Hardware section at once, but only shows as 1)

Cons: Too much information on the page? (more directed at newbs)
Hows compatibility with Mobile browsers?

I personally like it, does it automatically update, or do you have to refresh the page? Maybe auto settings starts it with the arrow / tab set in (so you cant see it) Does that then defeat the object? My views anyway :)

I'm not really for or against - I've run a 24" widescreen monitor so horizontal space isn't really a concern for me (though I think it'd be better if it was perhaps hidden by default on netbooks / mobile devices.) I probably wouldn't really use it, at least not to start with, but can see the advantages for those that might like to.

As long as the option is there to turn it off it doesn't bother me. I would turn it off. I turn the sidebar off on all forums.

There has been a lot of chances with this new verison of vbulletin and I like to think i'm partly to blame for convincing people lol but maybe it will be okay. It seems like its alot more flooded with stuff now. But yeah Iduno if it will have a option to personally disable it, but I guess it will be cool

Tommy Boy
They don't show in real time. If they did they would flog the stuffing out of your database. It's defaulted to some short amount of time to prevent that.
I like mine. The CMS and the forum sidebar compliment each other as far as new threads and posts go. I have made some custom widgets to go with the CMS and the forum sidebar. They're simple to make.
Might be a good idea for ya'll.

I'm all for it. I think it would be a useful addition to the forum :)
You could even add some more ads using it.

Back
Top Bottom