is this a good gaming Pc for a budget round $500

kixkboxer

Beta member
im still an australian student, so my budget is preety tight ($500)
i want to buy or build a gaming pc, able to play games like "COD black ops" and "starcraft 2"

i saw this on e-bay from the UK:::

AMD Athlon II 250 3.0GHz Dual Core Processor
4GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
500GB Hard drive
ATI Radeon 5450 1GB Graphics Card
High performance Motherboard (Asrock N68C-S UCC)
DVD RW
Stylish LED Display Case
Wireless WiFi Network Card

LINK: VIBOX GA FX 1

its going for $420 AUS Brand new.
is it worth it? and is there any region restrictions on software or hardware i should know about?

Processor is fairly outdated. Not sure if Newegg is by you, but building your own might be a good option. Graphics card is pretty weak in that one too.

i think you can pick up a better spec system for that money. I feel the processor is a bit old

You'll need 2GB graphics to run Black Ops smoothly, because you're Australian and it's so damn hard for us to find cheap stores, I recommend going HERE they're semi-cheap - Note: You can buy all the parts take it into a Computer Repair store and ask them to put it together so you don't have to.

Also superman, Newegg doesn't ship internationally, only within the US and Puerto Rico, so if we wanted to buy off their, we'd need an American Middle Man which would just end up costing too much.

as previously stated the GPU and CPU are both outdated and you wouldn't be able to run Black Op's smoothly (but why would you play black op's on pc and not ps3 :O) and for $500 you can probably pick up a better one though it may not last that long before it become's outdated. Personally i'd suggest save up an extra $500 (if possible, i know it's hard as I am a student as well and it sure is hard to save money) and then you will be able to get a much more powerful comp that will last you a couple of years and still be able to play most of the latest games

Back
Top Bottom