How do I change the log in password in Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretB

Beta member
As the title says, I set up my daughter's laptop and put in a password. Unfortunately I let her teenagers know what it was so that they could tell her, but now she wants them kept out of her machine (they have their own). So can someone please tell me how to change it?

Click Start, then click on the profile picture on the Start Menu. The first option is Change your Password.

It's a very simple thing to change a password. Just press Ctrl+Alt+Del and it will open up a blue screen with 5 options. The second last option will be for changing password. Just enter this option, enter the previous password, enter new password, confirm it and you are done. You might also set a hint for reminding you password in case you forget it. Don't set the hint so obvious that your daughter guesses the password. interactive intelligence

It's a very simple thing to change a password. Just press Ctrl+Alt+Del and it will open up a blue screen with 5 options. The second last option will be for changing password.

Really its also the easiest way to change the password in window 7. Thanks for sharing this.

But I usually change my PC password by going through Start Menu.

First click on Start -> Control panel ->User Accounts and Family Safety link
After that change the user password. :rolleyes:

Change win7 password? It is easy. But I want to know that do you remember the password? Or you don't know password and want to hack in?

I paid a long time by searching in google. Found a solution for you.

1. If you remember Windows 7 password and just want to change it. read this guide:
Change Login Password In Windows 7 | Alter Windows 7 Account Password On A Regular Basis To Secure You Computer.

• Password Security is important for personal information on your Win7 Operation System. The best security strategy is changing your Windows 7 password on a regular basis to ensure nobody can access sensitive information.

2. If you forgot Windows 7 password and want to hack it, read this guide:
Forgot Windows 7 Password?

• What can you do if you forgot Windows 7 login password? Can't remember win7 user passcode? This article helps you to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom