Any Beer "Connoisseurs" here?

Lol well Kronenbourg is pretty hard to find in Milwaukee... I had it first when I was in Paris and it beats Miller...
It's sold in just about every pub here. (which is why I think it's nothing special).

Lol pretty much. I live right in Milwaukee... I'm going to the Sprecher brewery on my 21st to have a tour with some free beer :)

Lol well Kronenbourg is pretty hard to find in Milwaukee... I had it first when I was in Paris and it beats Miller...
Sprecher makes rootbeer I thought? I didn't know they made real beer.

It's sold in just about every pub here. (which is why I think it's nothing special).
Probably like Coors or Miller is here. Is Heineken anything special there? Here it's fairly expensive. And at the price they want, I prefer to buy something like Flying Dog or Dos Equis.

Sprecher makes rootbeer I thought? I didn't know they made real beer.

Yup, in addition to their sodas (there's like five or six of them not counting lo-cals), they have a few year-round brews plus a bunch of seasonal ones. I've done the tour a few times as a kid and gotten the free soda after (unlimited :) ) but I turn 21 in about 2 weeks so I'm going back and getting some free beer samples :)

Probably like Coors or Miller is here.

Yup. That's what it seemed like to me when I was in Paris. IMO, it was much better than the Miller I've had here... Not as good imported though.

Heineken, not too special, but it is a pretty tasty larger.
it's not in every pub, but is in most supermarkets and off licenses.

it's not such a popular drink now, I seem to remember it being about more when I was younger.

Heineken, not too special, but it is a pretty tasty larger.
it's not in every pub, but is in most supermarkets and off licenses.

it's not such a popular drink now, I seem to remember it being about more when I was younger.
Especially when, "My New Haircut" came out. I like it alright, but to me it's not very special either. If it was the same price as Labatts or Miller I might buy it instead, but it's no where near...

A couple good beers I drink are:

- Moose Head + Mosse Head Cracked Canoe
- Alexander Kieth's + Alexander Kieth's Red Amber Ale
- Dog in the Fog (Available in Poland)
- Steam Whistle
- Zywiec (Polish)

There ya go, those are some I recommend :)

Mac & Jack's (It's brewed locally)

Current favorite store-bought beer is Hoegaarden. I've heard good things about Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA, I'll probably be trying that next. I just turned 21 recently so I don't have a whole lot of experience with good beer.

Mac & Jack's (It's brewed locally)

Current favorite store-bought beer is Hoegaarden. I've heard good things about Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA, I'll probably be trying that next. I just turned 21 recently so I don't have a whole lot of experience with good beer.

I've been wanting to try Dogfish Head. They make a few varieties. 60 minute, 90 minute, and a 180 minute. The 180 is supposed to be good, but expensive. They don't sell it by me though. 18% alcohol too!

Back
Top Bottom