Free download games for laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clacker

BSOD
My friend who has the same computer as me (see below) has illegaly downloaded minecraft which works great on his computer. I don't want to do this as I don't want to illegaly download something but I want to play a good game that you download for free. So does anyone know any good games that a free to download has to legal and suitable for laptop games?

cant your friend just copy it on usb or other external device and give it to you?

you can download from piratebay (i dont i get my friends to do it) and they cant trace you or anything like that.
most games you will have to pay for. but if you have a steam account you can almost always buy the games cheaper that in the shops.

^ Definately not cheaper on Steam than shops in the case of Call of duty and stuff like that

CoD: MW2 - Steam = £39.99
Replay(Shop): £19.99 used but mint xD

anyway, Free games barely exist anymore. The Minecraft Beta is free isn't it?

cant your friend just copy it on usb or other external device and give it to you?

you can download from piratebay (i dont i get my friends to do it) and they cant trace you or anything like that.
most games you will have to pay for. but if you have a steam account you can almost always buy the games cheaper that in the shops.

I've had a scan through some websites but most of the download ones look a bit crap. Are you sure pirate bay can't track you?

Torrenting from sites such as PirateBay is alot safer than downloading normally from other sites but be careful what you are downloading because a lot of the stuff on there is illegal cracked games, music and movies and, be aware that it is impossible to be completely safe. I know that Universities get some angry letters from big TV/Movie companies listing IP numbers that had been using bittorrent to download particular files.

Torrenting from sites such as PirateBay is alot safer than downloading normally from other sites but be careful what you are downloading because a lot of the stuff on there is illegal cracked games, music and movies and, be aware that it is impossible to be completely safe. I know that Universities get some angry letters from big TV/Movie companies listing IP numbers that had been using bittorrent to download particular files.

Some people can attach viruses to the files can't they?? I heard they can do it so I didn't try it.

Yes another problem with these sites is viruses and computer infections. I'm sure that these sites have some sort of rating system to warn people of fake downloads (containing viruses etc) so if you really want to risk it, choose a download with plenty of thumbs up!

The risk of downloading a virus in a file from torrenting is about the same amount of risk as normal file share sites, but because a lot of people don't provide a link to a virus scan website in the description and the torrenting sites do not provide an inbuilt scanner, unlike the top file share sites, your only way to tell is if there is a comments section or a rating system.

Yes another problem with these sites is viruses and computer infections. I'm sure that these sites have some sort of rating system to warn people of fake downloads (containing viruses etc) so if you really want to risk it, choose a download with plenty of thumbs up!

The risk of downloading a virus in a file from torrenting is about the same amount of risk as normal file share sites, but because a lot of people don't provide a link to a virus scan website in the description and the torrenting sites do not provide an inbuilt scanner, unlike the top file share sites, your only way to tell is if there is a comments section or a rating system.

I don't think there is any comment or rating system on pirate bay so I will look for other sites.

I'm not encouraging torrenting but apparently the site isohunt.com has some sort of rating system. Stay safe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom