4K resolutions

Avatar 2/3 is going to be using 48fps for cinema display instead of the usual 24fps
I can see the benefit up to around 30 - but again beyond that I'm not sure the differences are anything but psychological?

Unless of course we're talking 24fps for each 3D angle, in which case the bump up will perhaps be noticeable.

60fps is shown to be a lot smoother for example than 24fps, and this is the aim for 4k resolution standards.
However some people have mentioned that it takes away the film feel.

I find 24fps far too slow for 3D showings however. I can notice the juddering on fast camera pans, and fast action scenes. A higher frame rate will fix that.

24fps I can just about notice juddering if I'm looking for it. 30 all that goes away with my eyes anyway, and certainly above 40 I can't imagine anyone noticing the difference.

Still, I'm not against these advances - more resolution and frame rate at the top end brings the prices of the other stuff down which is always a good move in my book!

I'm someone that can see flickering at 60hz (if its with older CRT monitors) At 75hz however, I cannot.
It may be the technology though, because a progressive LCD screen running at 60hz, results in no flicker.

Always a good move! I'm damned to think how much these new displays will cost though!
I'm all up for getting a 3D screen for example, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want one with an active method, considering how much flickering I notice with them.

I was playing Crysis 2 at the Gadget Show Live using Nvidia 3D Vision, and, even in a darkish area, it was pretty uncomfortable.
Though, I'm wondering whether American's notice flicker as much.
The reason being, their lights run at pretty much 60hz, so the glasses would refresh at the correct rate.
Us in the UK however have lights refreshing at 50hz, so the 60hz shutters on each eye produces flicker.

Back
Top Bottom