Objective C

J03

~~~~~~~~
Anyone here know Objective-C? I've just started trying to learn, with the aim of making a simple iPhone application.

As someone who has only touched C++ (C++ code can be used in Objective-C applications), It has a fairly steep learning curve. I'm told that it's worth it though, so I shall keep at it.

Put simply, it's worth it if you aim to make stuff for the mac. That is the only reason why it's worth it though, for all intents and purposes it was a horrible choice of language from apple (I only assume it's because they hate developers!) and pretty much any other popular language out there would have been a better choice.

I looked at it briefly a while back, and after looking over the details concluded that I just couldn't be bothered to write stuff for mac platforms!

No, I do not know much about the language. As soon as I get myself the tools (a Mac for starts,) I will being learning it. I would like to create apps for the iPhone/iPod Touch also. To bad Xcode is limited to the OS X platform. If there was another free way (not having to buy a mac), I would jump on it. That is excluding trying to get OS X on a PC. That has never worked out for me. Not to mension, I believe that's not legal regardless if you purchased the retail OS X leopard... :rolleyes:

if you are not making games, you can always make a web app in whatever language you want. I don't want to buy a Mac, just to write in Objective-C.

Back
Top Bottom