HELP! my system doesnt work after WINDOWS update

Kharl1

Solid State Member
Hi!
i have all messed up
i have three OS in my laptop just for this moment, because i know how windows is, thos ghost form windows 98 xp still there quiet in windows 7 waiting the right moment to crew all the system.... everything its so screw up, that i tryed using the install cd of windows 7 and nothing, i used the repair option; automatic start up repair (in spanish, i dont knwo how it would it be in english....), system restore, and commant prompt in cmd to run chkdsk /f, and nothing works this last one told me that the disk is writed protected so i just WTF!!!!

HELP! please im away from home and the murpys laws has made act in my case, everything that could screw up has just screw up and in the worst way...

I REALLY cannot understand what you are saying for the most part. From what i understand it seems like English is not your first language, so I am going to try to explain everything clearly. If you do not understand what I am talking about, just say so.

What I understand from your post is that you have three Operating Systems on your laptop. Windows 98, Windows XP, and Windows 7. Right?

Now what OS did you install the Windows update on, and what update was it? Was the upgrade successful?

Can you boot into any of your Operating Systems? Which is your main operating system? Which operating system was installed last?

Try running SFC /scannow
What are you results?

I believe you should just reinstall your OS with formatting main partition, it will be the fastest way

hi!
thanks for the answers, yes english is not my first language, plus i wrote too fast. but i clear understand it.

i have three operative systems, Ubuntu 10.04, Puppy linux, and Windos 7
(i mentiones windows 98 and XP because it remember me the frustration i got when i had them)

the updates where installed on windows 7,
this are the pdates, one of them caused me the crashes:
actualizaciones-malas.jpg

afther download and "install" as a routine, the system asked me for reboot

afther that, when the system was restarting, when the four stars that form the windows flagh came out, before the joint into the windows flag it freezes and then this:
117364BSOD.jpg

i tried safe mode and i got this:
safemodeerror.jpg

i tried thesystem repair tools from the repair disk, from my original disk...
and i got this:
fail-startup-repair.jpg

fail-systemrestore.jpg

fail-cmd.jpg

the may problem is that windows doesnt work, the other problem (and i apologize because i know this is not a linux forum....) is that why if i have grub2 managing my operative systems, (im not a expert in the area) but i think that if im using grub2, sotred in the MBR why windows had to screw it up?

i se reinstalling the w7 in a not viable solution since i will have the same posibilities to ge the same cash because those updates will be there again and i dont know which one of that did this...

did you install Windows AFTER installing the other operating systems? Windows tends to cause problems when its installed after other OS's.

And thanks for the screenshots, but I cant read Spanish...

And when you boot into safemode, you SHOULD be getting that. Just wait a little while for it to load.

and before you mentioned system restore, have you tried that?

did you install Windows AFTER installing the other operating systems? Windows tends to cause problems when its installed after other OS's.

And thanks for the screenshots, but I cant read Spanish...

And when you boot into safemode, you SHOULD be getting that. Just wait a little while for it to load.

and before you mentioned system restore, have you tried that?

thanks for your help
the systems were installed ok, that iis not the problem since i have the thre OSs installed since 6months ago, the problem came after i installed the above mentioned updates

yes i tried system restore
im almost 90% sure the problem was caused by the MRT (see the screenshort, the no.3 from the bottom)

thank you for your help.

it was a weird problem

the MBR was corrupted, but the windows restore disc, didnt work, neither start up recovery, system restore, command prompt.. nothing

another forum user and i susppect the problem was caused by the MRT, that corrupted the MBR the antivirus and the firewall too, we run a search for a rootkit, malware, virus etc.. and nothing the system suddenly boot up normally.. the problem went away as weird as it came.

One of this updates caused me all this headache, and the disconcert of all you who tried to help me
updates-before-crash.jpg

the screen capture is in spanish but there is a code at the end of each update, they are the same in any language
here you can read more...
the user suggest me to disable the windows update for couple of week and to wait a "beter" updates...
now the computers is stable, but am trying to make grub bootloader to recognize my other OS's

Back
Top Bottom