What is wrong with my computer? Plz help, internet browsers/ file problems

chillymarlin

Solid State Member
OK mozilla firefox and IE both open when clicked on but the problem is that the browsers pop up without borders, its like in pieces, for both browsers. File,edit,view,history, and bookmarks are all bunched up together and are unaccesible. Really weird. Also add or remove programs and sounds and audio devices do not have an icon next to them, i click on them but do not open up. aLso set programs access and defaults doesnt open either.

I can access task manager. I cant system restore to a point before this because it says restoration is unsucccessful. And i have avast! antivirus and malwarebytes, i wonder if that wont let me restore. But i have turned off avast! and it still said System restoration is unsuccesful. Also some features on my wireless keyboard are not working as well, they worked fine before this happended though.

PLz help ive been trying to fix this for about a week but have found no resolution

Have you installed any new software around the time your computer started acting funny? Have you run malware scans?
Take a screenshot (printscreen button and then control+V in paint or word)

no i dont recall, its the office computer, yes ive run malware scans but they do not detect anything, they said there is no threats available, and ill try to post the screenshot later. And for some reason some of the buttons on my keyboard dont work either, and windows media player doesnt work when i click on a song to play, also the standby button is greyed out. Also before startup a black screen runs a bunch of numbers and letters

Strange I aint ever seen that sort of browser trouble before, have you tried downloading another browser such as chrome or opera? Try that option first.
Otherwise I think you may need to run combofix, backup any important files before you do though as combofix is a last alternative. It wont ruin anything but will remove the culprit regardless of what it is. And yes screenshots will be helpful.

Install what? And when i get on another comp i will post screen shot because im afraid that the computer that is behaving weird will get a "virus" onto the USB and spread onto my laptop

Hey Chilly, sorry for the long delays in responding, Ive been busy. I am going to instruct you on running a few diagnostic tools and utilities to try and determine the source of the problem. I am going to break it down into steps and separate the posts so you don't become overwhelmed or confused. (I'm not saying you would get confused, I just find its easier to process little bits of information at a time, besides these steps are really time consuming.)

1) Download a program called "Hijack This" you can get it from here: HijackThis - Trend Micro USA

2) run HJT (Hijack This) on the computer with the problems and after running it you should get some sort of text file. Attach that text file to your next post.

3) also, just so we don't overlook anything, go into the command prompt and run Checkdisk (with the /f parameter) You will want to put a few hours aside so it can run. You can find out how to do run Chkdsk here: PC Jargon » CheckDisk (chkdsk.exe)

4) After running checkdisk you should find a text file containing the results. Attach that to your post as well.

ok i will do this soon, prolly on the weekend because i will use another comp, cuz i dont want to risk a "virus" from the messed up computer onto my laptop.

Back
Top Bottom