4K resolutions

Kage

Golden Master
I don't know how many of you know of this, or may have seen screens offering this res at events, etc, but I can't wait for some reason:

WTF is... 4K x 2K? • reghardware

I have also found out that Youtube now offers 4k video's to be uploaded:
YouTube Blog: What's bigger than 1080p? 4K video comes to YouTube

Haha, I'm loading one now, but of course on my monitor, it's only going to go as high at 1680x1050... but it certainly looks higher quality than the Youtube 1080p setting, because of compression and the like.

Looks good. For some reason it plays like crap on my computer, not sure why? I even get stutters in 1080p youtube videos sometimes too.

man that looks amazing!

FINALLY something that will allow me to upload vids with my eyefinity resolution lol.

Haha eyefinity!
It doesn't stutter on mine once the video's have fully loaded

I've seen a stereographic rear projection dual-projector 4K setup. It's pretty impressive!

We already have 50/60" Displays! But to be honest... aren't you going to be sitting further away from them? If that is the case, then the difference between 1080P and.. 4000~P will probably be less noticable than the difference between 480P and 1080P.

Nice - but nothing much more than a tech demo. We've gone a bit resolution crazy in the last few years and I honestly can't see it lasting - we're getting to the point now where the size of screen required to get any benefit from the increased resolution isn't going to fit in the standard living room! I can see the benefits for cinemas, but not a lot else.

I can see an advancement in films using higher frame rates, at least when it comes to 3D films.

Avatar 2/3 is going to be using 48fps for cinema display instead of the usual 24fps

Back
Top Bottom