[HELP] Disabling Driver Automatic Installation [WINDOWS 7 x64]

itzcrazyguy

Beta member
Hi folks at ComputerForums, I have recently been having trouble connecting my iPhone to my PC. It is recognised as a camera by windows, but does not show up in iTunes. I believe it is a problem with drivers. I have searched many forums over the past few hours, but haven't found any solutions yet.

I have unpacked the drivers from the iTunes installer with Less MSIerables, but I cannot install them. When I am using the driver installer, I try to manually update the drivers, and locate the folder, however it instantly says that 'The best driver software is already installed'. I am looking for a way to bypass this, and to install the previously mentioned drivers.

I have also tried uninstalling the current drivers. This also does not work, as when I plug my iPhone in again, the drivers are automatically installed again, giving me no time to manually install the correct drivers.

I have tried to disable this in many ways, including using gpedit.msc , without any luck. Help would be appreciated! I have also gone into Device Installation Settings, and have enabled "Never install driver software with Windows Update", which also does nothing to help.

Thank you for your time, and even if you are not sure if your solution is correct, please post it =)

William (CrazyGuy)

--EDIT--- http://www.computerforums.org/software/disable-windows-7-automatic-driver-update-104257.html

This does NOT work for me. The drivers are still automatically installed.

Uninstall the drivers and then before plugging the device in, install the drivers through the Device Manager manually.

Back
Top Bottom