Power supply in Asus Essentio CG1330-05

Aikichick

Beta member
Hello!

I've ordered an Asus Essentio CG-1330-05 desktop, but am planning on replacing the power supply once it arrives.

However, I have a couple questions about this:

1) I'm not going to replace the graphics or video cards, so is it even necessary to replace the power supply?

2) What power supply would be best to replace it with?

3) I haven't been able to find any specs or details about the power supply that is built into the computer- can anyone tell me about that?

Thanks!

Heres what I want to know..
Why do you want to replace the PSU?
Are you planning/considering installing new Hard Disks?

By the way I wouldn't recommend this PC to you as according to a review from someone, they said that it didn't come with any OS DVDs. That may or may NOT be a downside for you. Who knows

The PSU is only 300W, which is why I want to replace it- I've heard from multiple people that if the power supply isn't adequate, other parts of the computer can be damaged so I want to prevent that. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the initial post.

No, the only thing I'm concerned about is the PSU.

Here is a link to the specs:

Newegg.com - Recertified: ASUS Essentio CG1330-05 Phenom II X6 1035T(2.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 5750 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

And that's not a downside for me...thanks for the tip, tho. :)

No problem :)

Well i'm not sure why a well know PC manufaturing company would deliver you pre-built pc with an inadequate PSU.

If you really are concerned then I would look up some reviews on this model. Like TrustedReviews?

Plus if you want you could buy a psu and save it incase you need it when the PC comes, and if you dont then you could re-sell it on E-Bay or keep it as an additional PSU for yourself :)

Heres a link by the way to the product on the ASUS International website:
http://www.asus.com/Desktop/Gaming/Essentio_CG1330/

Here you could find additional genuine specs..#

Im just noticing that it has a 6 Core Phenom :/

Thats odd for a 300w.....or is it?

Back
Top Bottom