Random Chit Chat

I just realized that I've nearly lost touch with the computer world. I think after buying a TJ07, I made an internal commitment to stop upgrading for a while :(

Anyone know of an online computer magazine that pays decently for hardware and software articles? I have a couple tutorials for modding hardware and installing certain software programs. My old magazine hasn't changed its pricing in five years , and lately they have been forgetting to pay their writers in a timely fashion.

I just realized that I've nearly lost touch with the computer world. I think after buying a TJ07, I made an internal commitment to stop upgrading for a while :(

Same for me. I've had my head all wrapped up in cars lately, mainly Megasquirt tuning.

A guy in my composition class started upgrading his laptop right in class randomly. WE got back from lunch and as the teacher was rambling on he had his computer apart and a anti static wrist strap on attached to the desk leg and proceeded to upgrade his ram. He got the package in the mail over linch and couldn't wait I guess lol

So Close yet so far! Why a macbook pro?

Well, I'm strugling to find any other laptop that offers the same level of performance that you get from the new Macbook Pro (11000+ on Geekbench) - and those that do match it typically have a poor battery life.

Also, I'd like to do some iOS Development - and you've got to have a Mac to do that!

I've also heard good things about Apple support - If you've got a problem, you can often just take the machine to the store and they will either fix it, or give you a new one. That's pretty good service, IMO!

Does anyone here have a Hybrid SSD?

Carputer bits have been ordered! Will post a project log once all the bits are in:

- Lilliput 7" Touch screen
- Double din adaptor for said touch screen
-Faschia kit for VY Commodore
- Mini ITX PSU With ITPMS (So the ignition will control on/off of pc)
- 2x 75w RMS Amps (Cheap ones, just so i can stick with the stock speakers at the moment, they dont sound half bad!)
- USB Hub

The computer is a completely custom system i got from work (Early Prototype version of this Retail Core) which runs an intel atom intergrated motherboard, 1gb RAM, 120gb hardrive, windows 7 starter. The software i will be running is Centrafuse. Cant wait to install it all!

Back
Top Bottom