OMG, Microsoft technical support going down the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
first he appoligized. then told me to stop abusing his techs. i laughed and told him once he hired qualified techs who knew how to trouble shoot a computer as well as problem signs that i would stop abusing them. and that since i was calling for one of his customer from my place of work (in case you didn't know, i work at a computer store) i let him know that they lost one of thier customers to us (which was true) then hung up.

celegorm said:
i've tried dlink before and all i got were people who kept sending me to the wrong department (i needed an RMA conformation number)

but if you think MS is bad (i've delt with them before too, and got the same results) try talking to dell. their tech support people don't even know that when a hard drive is clicking loudly that a hard drive is dead or dying. he tried to convice me that it was a virus. I told him to put me on hold to either 1) look up what a clicking hard drive is and come back to me, or 2) get me his supervisior. needless to say, i got his supervisor.
clicking hard drive = dead hard drive is a myth.

I had a hard drive that clicked from new and lasted well over five years. (would still be going if it wasn't so small as to not be worth bothering with.

perhaps he wasn't helpful (to you/in your opinion) because
a) he didn't know what that meant,
b) your analysis could have been wrong to start with.

clicking hard drive = dead hard drive is a myth.

I had a hard drive that clicked from new and lasted well over five years. (would still be going if it wasn't so small as to not be worth bothering with)
Somewhere around here is a thread where some guy had a clicking hard drive and the blond lady mod suggested he turn off the click in Control Panel > Sounds > Internet Explorer > Start Navigation. It's worked for me several times over the years but I digress so to return to the point of the thread ...

Microsoft technical support is the best advert for Linux I have ever seen

Edit: Wish I could get in touch with them and tell them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom