Asus p5p800

dmarciano

Baseband Member
My company just gave me an old computer that was sitting around to see if I wanted it. It is several years old and I'm trying to figure out what I can upgrade it to see if it is worth taking. The motherboard is an Asus P5P800 Rev 1.01. From what I've seen some people say that it can only take P4 and Celeron processors, while others state that it can support some dual-core chip while the proper BIOS updates. The FSB is 800MHz.

Since some older dual-core chips go for under $150, if I can find one that this motherboard supports then I will take it. Either way I'll probably take it since it's a free computer, but I would like to upgrade it as high as I can since the company is paying for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I had this mobo, and can confirm the P4/Celeron processor. thou, I was able to overclock a 2.8GHz up to a 3.5.... up to 3.2 on a stock cooler, which was even more amazing.
The mobo itself is a solid board, I liked it so much, my next board was the P5LD2, a slight upgrade, but handles the dual core processors.

Back
Top Bottom