looking to build wow computer

teachme!

Beta member
i am interested in building my own computer for the purpose of playing world of warcraft at max settings or close with decent fps. i am not a computer expert by any means but i have friends and family with the ability to build a computer and have agreed to help. with my price range anywhere under 1000 dollars i was hoping to get recommendation because all the past posts i found were a year old or more. A recommendation of a monitor would also be appreciated but not to be added into the 1000 or less price range. any and all advice appreciated :D

Are you wanting to build your own or a pre built one?
In either case, I would check out Tiger Direct or Newegg and look for some "barebone" kits. Those will get you started and will be really good gaming computer components for a really decent price. You can also find a sick looking case for your computer as well :)

@ryanhdsp
i was looking to build it myself because i've heard you can save a good amount of money. and thanks i'll check it out :)

yeah if that's the case those sites should start you off with good reliable products, good luck! let me know if you need anything else :)

@ryanhdsp
well honestly i am looking for a more specific answer as to what products to buy that run well together and are sufficient for running wow maxed out. im looking to avoid paying to much for a overkill system.

I am not too sure on specific products are best. From my experience being an avid WoW gamer as well as having built many gaming PC's for friends and clients. ATI graphics cards are by far the best. also right now about the best processor you can get is a intel core i7. That combination is what I am using right now and i don't experience any troubles with wow at all. full graphics.

I am not too sure on specific products are best. From my experience being an avid WoW gamer as well as having built many gaming PC's for friends and clients. ATI graphics cards are by far the best. also right now about the best processor you can get is a intel core i7. That combination is what I am using right now and i don't experience any troubles with wow at all. full graphics.

that sounds amazing. that is exactly the performance i am looking for.

World of warcraft @ Max?

i7 would be way overkill. i5 2500k would be way more than enough. As for graphics, a GTX 460 or Radeon 6850 would be plenty. Save some money on the case by goingfor a mid-end one instead of high end, and get something like a Corsair CX600 to power it all. Look into Asus or MSI motherboards with support for Sandy Bridge.

alternatively, look at the Phenom II X4 955 and something like an Asus AM3 board with the 880G chipset.

well yeah, an i7 would be overkill for WoW, I was just saying that because I have played WoW with the i7 in my configuration and it was awesome. I didn't just build my comp for WoW. haha

Back
Top Bottom