Creative Photography

Kage

Golden Master
I saw a set of flowers in a vase, dying in our kitchen. The flower was actually drooping to the table, and I got a really great idea (or so I think).

After work, I decided to pour water onto the table (as you do), and approached creating an artistic piece, I've called 'The Last Water Hole'. The idea being of course, that the water on the table is the last bit of water left for it to survive.

What do you lot think? :)

TheLastWaterHole.jpg

I may try another shot, maybe getting a closer shot of the flower in the water, making it more foreground, with the vase/background out of focus in the background.
Taken with the Canon 550D - 18-55mm kit lens - F-5.6 - ISO 800 - 1/15 shutter (no flash), & edited in Photoshop

Thanks David :D
Can't wait to get the 50mm 1.4 lens. That should improve shots like this even more

Here is another take of it:

TheLastWaterHole2.jpg

Think I prefer the first one composition slightly better actually, but prefer the DOF on this shot

wow this is awesome, I do a lot of photo editing myself and this i must say looks great! good thinking!

Thanks guys :)

I have an idea for a couple more, so once I get back from the Gadget Show tonight, I'll attempt another.
Eeeee :D ...*Runs off in excitement*

Looks real good.

The 50mm 1.4 is a nice lens. Another good one is the Sigma 30mm 1.4. Good if you're looking for a sharp prime to walk around with, the 50mm is a bit long for the 550D's crop sensor in that regard.

I guess because the Sigma would provide a 48mm, whereas the Canon 1.4 would provide a 80mm at 1.6x crop.

After yesterdays show, I realized I could do with a much bigger range, and more skills.
I didn't bother taking many pictures because I couldn't get into the action enough

But, I really want a lens that at 100% crop is sharp. Not like my kit lens, which is a bit, soft and lacking detail at full crop.
So I wouldn't really be happy with a default zoom lens I fear as that's never going to be sharp at 100% crop throughout an entire range unless its a really expensive one.
That's why I was tempted with the 50mm because of how sharp I've heard it is.

Back
Top Bottom