Explain my prolem...

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I bought a Blu-Ray drive awhile back for my desktop. Using PowerDVD software it worked fine for about 2 or 3 Blu-Rays I played. Then it started lagging when playing Blu-Rays. I chalked it up to being too slow for a newer Blu-Ray and got a TV and Blu-Ray player. I had taken my computer somewhere and only 1 of the 3 monitors and I decided to try playing a Blu-Ray again and it worked fine no lag. Got the computer back home and later tried a Blu-Ray that didn't work on my home player. Lag again. So I tried unplugging the 2 secondary monitors. I ended up completely taking out the video card that powers the secondary monitors and the Blu-Ray played just fine. Main video card is a GTX260 and the card that powers the 2 secondary monitors is a 7600GT. Why would having that 7600GT running have an effect on playing Blu-Rays on the system?

The only thing I can think of as to why it started is because I originally had an 8800GT that died, so I got a 9800GT and that might have been around the time the issue started. But I had the 7600GT installed the whole time. Only thing I can really even think of it being is the cards run 2 different versions of DirectX, but even then, the 8800 and 7600 are that way as well and it worked fine then.

The system runs DirectX, the cards just talk to the software through DirectX, so it's not a different problem factor there.

More likely one of the issues is that you've either got outdated drivers, or the cards (the 7600's) weren't certified for HDCP, which they should be, so that's a little odd.

It sounds like the system isn't using your primary card for acceleration duties in the software. I have two 5870's in CrossFire and they play BluRays fine, but they're the only cards in my desktop system.

First thing I tried was updating drivers. No dice. Both cards use the same driver. The 7600 shouldn't effect anything I wouldn't think since the main display is run by the GTX260 and I only run the Blu-Ray on the main display.

Back
Top Bottom