Internet forum

wonderboy1953

In Runtime
I don't know whether this has been proposed before. It seems to me that a separate forum for internet discussions would be useful to this website.

What do you mean, "internet discussions"? Considering the internet is just a giant network, I think it falls perfectly under the networking section.

What do you mean, "internet discussions"? Considering the internet is just a giant network, I think it falls perfectly under the networking section.

The networking section seems to be mainly for technical issues regarding the internet, in fact the opening starts with "Discussion on TCP/IP LANs/WANs, the interent DNS, Switches and hubs. We would also like to hear of your experience with network related equipment and programs."

What I have in mind is new websites that pop up on the internet, discussions about social networking sites like FaceBook, using different search programs, which websites are the most informative, etc. which the networking section doesn't address.

So what do you think?

It's not a terrible idea, but the section probably wouldn't generate as much traffic as you'd think. If someone finds a cool site, they either post it in the RCC thread or make a new thread in the Social lounge, depending on the site. For review of websites and such, there's the Web Design/Reviews/Advertising board section. It's used more for advertising ones own website, but you can certainly open a new thread in there to discuss any site you stumble upon, no pun intended. You have a good idea, but we already have a section for your intent.

Thats my take at least.

It's not a terrible idea, but the section probably wouldn't generate as much traffic as you'd think. If someone finds a cool site, they either post it in the RCC thread or make a new thread in the Social lounge, depending on the site. For review of websites and such, there's the Web Design/Reviews/Advertising board section. It's used more for advertising ones own website, but you can certainly open a new thread in there to discuss any site you stumble upon, no pun intended. You have a good idea, but we already have a section for your intent.

Thats my take at least.

One can't be sure as to how much traffic would be generated. Based on my sales/customer service experience, the littlest things have generated tremendous sales which were very pleasantly surprising.

I was suggesting the idea as an experiment. If it doesn't work, one can always remove the proposed section (if others like the idea, you're welcomed to post your thoughts on this thread as well, furthermore you can study the current sections to see how many threads relate to the internet).

There is another computer forum that has this it's quite good and brings up some interesting conversations.

One can't be sure as to how much traffic would be generated.

Based upon my experiance here, I'd still say almost no traffic would be generated. Back when the "review" board was first proposed a couple years ago I was in love with the idea. It was one of the few changes I felt like I would use. But in the end, it died and maybe gets 1 new thread a month.

Based upon my experiance here, I'd still say almost no traffic would be generated. Back when the "review" board was first proposed a couple years ago I was in love with the idea. It was one of the few changes I felt like I would use. But in the end, it died and maybe gets 1 new thread a month.

I had a feeling it may have been tried before. Back to the drawing board.

Your exact idea has not been tried before. All I'm saying is that from my experience it will fizzle out shortly after it's started.

Also we just went through a forum re-arrange not long ago and some of the feedback from members suggested that there were too many forums on here.

Back
Top Bottom