No Monitor Signal??

stuiedaman

Baseband Member
I have been trying to install Windows 7 with NO luck. The process has been going very slow and I have been reading many forums on solutions to this fix. One of the solutions said to remove the CMOS battery and reset BIOS settings. So I unplugged the computer, opened it up, and found the CMOS battery. I was having a tough time getting to the battery, so I removed the video card, which was shielding it. I removed the battery, waited a few, then reinstalled it and the video card. The video card is a GeForce 8500 GT. I have a DVI to HDMI converter which am using to hook my computer up to my LCD TV. When I turn on the computer, the monitor stays blue with "No Signal." Another weird thing, the power button on the front does not work. No matter how long I hold it down, the computer won't shut off. I have to turn the switch on the back to shut it down. Also, the DVD drive light keeps blinking. All the lights, fans, etc. are working and running, including the fan on the graphics card itself. Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my post!

Regarding the no signal: make sure the graphics card is seated correctly and snapped onto place. Also check the connections. If you have onboard video, hook up your TV to it so you can get some video, then check in the BIOS to see that the video card is being recognized.

Regarding the power button: check on the motherboard for any loose connections. There should be quite a few thin cables hooked on to some pins near the bottom of the motherboard, one of these is for the power button. So if you find one loose, that would be the source of your problem.

Regarding the DVD drive light: again, check your connection. I have a feeling that maybe the CMOS could be the culprit to all these problems. Since you'll have to open up the case, try resetting the CMOS one more time. Make sure the computer is unplugged at the back.

Hope this helps, if not we'll try again.

Classic sign: No POST. Do you have a motherboard speaker? If so, i'm betting it doesn't beep. This would normally happen when something is the case is dead or incorrectly installed. The symptons are usually all fans spinning and lights on, but the HDD LED won't be blinking and no signal will be send to the monitors. Pull out your video card and try onboard video. If you dont have onboard video, then try another card. If that doesn't work, try pulling out RAM, one stick at a time. Remove components like these until either the problem stops or you run out of stuff to remove. At which point you can assume it's your CPU (usually the CPU isnt pulled out lol, since its expensive finding another chip to test)

This was a while back and I haven't gotten on in a while but here's what happened for anyone who needs to know. My mom took it to a computer repair (I hate having to do that) and he plugged it in to a VGA monitor and it worked. FML. I think it was my graphics card's driver wasn't installed or something after the removal of the CMOS battery. I didn't have a VGA monitor at the time so I couldn't go directly from the mobo to screen. That was all. Thanks again you guys!

Back
Top Bottom