Android Vs IPHONE

A lot more open? You know carriers love to lock headsets, right?

Not in all cases. I'm not saying there aren't android phones that are as bad as the iPhone, I'm just saying that there are some that are a lot better in my eyes, and that Android provides you with much more options.

this is an argument that's never going to come to a conclusion.

Personally, i agree with 01001010 but clearly GibsonSGKing doesn't. There are probably alot of people who agree with either side.
Right. There isn't really a right or wrong, it's just preference. I personally don't care if you get an iPhone or Android phone, just don't tell me that I'm wrong for choosing one or another. I certainly have my opinion, but everyone is entitled to one.

Android

Battery: Removable and Replaceable
Battery replacements easily available in the market and if you are always on the move, you might as well have an additional charged up battery which can help your phone stay alive without waiting to charge.

Apps: This seems to be the major hit among all smart phone users. Android has about 70,000 apps currently

Jailbreak: Many Android OS comes with an option to Jailbreak it from its service provider – which is a bliss to foreigners in US. The can take the phone to their home country and switch to a different SP without the hassles of jail breaking on their own

Mail App: Separate Apps for Gmail and other mail. Other mail app is definitely given the second-class treatment. There is limited options with mail editing and other regular stuff with the client mail application. No complaints with respect to Gmail app

Iphone

Battery: No replacement battery. In fact you cannot even see the battery in this cased smart phone. Any battery issue, you'll have to send it to Apple and hope that Steve sends it back to you in one piece

App: iPhone boasts over 230,000 apps and is growing..

Jailbreak: iPhone does not have this feature when you buy it. Jail breaking needs to be done at our own risk and I have heard of many cases where the OS simply didn't wake up after jailbreak. So its pretty scary business

Mail App: Single e-mail app and I must say an efficient one.

Sah, you forgot one important thing, phone size. Currently android phones are dual core, 500-1GB of ram and with over 4 inches of screen. They also have huge resolutions compared to iphones. This is one area that android excels in very well. And if you've seen the tegra 3 tablet video for the carnivel game, you'll be amazed at where tablet gaming is going to.

Just something else to put in there. It's a very good list. But one thing i am confused about is the mail app. I use the built in gmail one, it works fine. I'm able to do everything needed without ever installing a new one, are you talking about this app or the many others on the market?

Oh, here's one con, many android phones. It stinks that some people buy phones such as the droid 1 and think that's how slow they all are. Sometimes people will buy the cheap side of things, losing out of performance they could have had, and probably would have stuck with android if they had a faster phone.

the quality of the Android Apps is IMO half of what they are on the iPhone. I had the iPhone 3G and now the iPhone 4. I was going to give the iPhone 4 and purchased the HTC Inspire. After 30 days, I returned it. First of all, the batter life was worse on the device, second of all, the carrier (AT&T) loaded it with a bunch of their own junk that automatically started up during system start and self launched when you closed them. Then when I got the same app that I used n the iPhone, it ran like crap.

I'm back on the iPhone 4 now and awaiting iPhone 5. I may try Android in a year or two again. As of now, in my experience, it just doesn't measure up quality wise.

You know you could have put a new rom on to get rid of those app right? It extends battery life and lts you customize more, even overclock due to root.

the quality of the Android Apps is IMO half of what they are on the iPhone. I had the iPhone 3G and now the iPhone 4. I was going to give the iPhone 4 and purchased the HTC Inspire. After 30 days, I returned it. First of all, the batter life was worse on the device, second of all, the carrier (AT&T) loaded it with a bunch of their own junk that automatically started up during system start and self launched when you closed them. Then when I got the same app that I used n the iPhone, it ran like crap.

I'm back on the iPhone 4 now and awaiting iPhone 5. I may try Android in a year or two again. As of now, in my experience, it just doesn't measure up quality wise.

Oh wow man, i looked up your phone. Very good specs except for the battery. VERY VERY small battery. You probably would have been better buying a $12 extended battery (i got a 3800 from a 1500 form y droid x for 12) from ebay brand new. Then again, depending on how the company made theirs, it might have been to big. Now i see why you did not like android, the battery killed your experience.

I think android phones are a great, they have a lot of applications as iphone and they should have more than them soon.I have a samsung captivate and it takes good pictures with it's 5 megapixel camera and super amoled display, really good phone.I dont see android being worst than iphone.

My wife just got a new iPhone for her work and I can't say that I'm not impressed. Some differences though (and please note that this is only made after a day or two of actually playing with the iPhone whereas I've been using my Android for almost two months now)

Screens
- The iPhone has two (don't know if you can enable more) with one search screen.
- Alternatively, my Android has seven.

Apps
- The iPhone has some incredible apps, but a lot of the good ones cost money
- The Android also has some incredible apps, but I find more of the apps to be free.

Privacy
- Not sure how this works on the iPhone, if Apple retains the rights to all your personal information or if the app creators gain access to your information, unknown to me.
- With the Android, you have to be careful with the apps that you install and check the permissions. Some apps require the ability to search through contact information, phone identity and what not, definitely a turn off.

Size
- The iPhone is what I would consider to be the perfect phone. The size and width are more or less perfect.
- The android comes in many forms so this is a good selling point as well. The earlier versions though are just retarded big.

Games
- The iPhone wins. Period.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head... I still prefer my android, mostly due to me being entirely too used to it now, but I have to give props to Apple, they make one hell of a phone.

Back
Top Bottom