Demo Scene

Kage

Golden Master
I don't know how many of you would have heard of the Demo Scene, but it brings together so many good programmers/artists/musicians to try and produce the best visual/audio spectacles whilst also running in real time on computer.

They then get awards for the best, etc, and quite a few run throughout the world.

They've been going for as long as the Amiga days, with some limited to a certain size for example to give a challenge, or ones like this link, to test how far you can go with the latest hardware.

This is just one demo by a group
Who can run this at full resolution, with everything set to full:

fr-063: Magellan :: farbrausch.com :: your online worshipping resource

It's amazing, I love it. With my quad Q6600, I get a lot of slow down on the physics calculations of the metaballs, and can't run it at 1680x1050 either. I had to run it at 1024x768, and even then I had massive jerkiness at the end. Even at lower resolutions due to it mostly being CPU calculations.

This is what it is meant to look like:
YouTube - Farbrausch - fr-063: Magellan

Others from this event can be seen here:
the Ultimate Meeting 2010

Hope you like :)
Really funny to see results. I'm betting only I5's/i7's will be able to run this at full spec with no slow down.
This sort of stuff interests me because I'm interested in both graphics and audio

I get an error that D3DCOMPILER.dll is missing from my computer but watched the YouTube video and it looks absolutely amazing!

You have the latest Direct X?
That's odd.

When I ran it at full settings though, I got a weird error, because I think I ran out of Video RAM

Good call on DirectX, I apparently didn't have the latest.

I just ran it at 1366x768 and it was a bit laggy but I can't complain considering I only have a dual core laptop... Again, looks fantastic.

Hehe, great aren't they.
If they have a really good music track, all the better :D

Back
Top Bottom