Currently are there any 3DTVs that allow you to adjust the 3D level?

wonderboy1953

In Runtime
Yeah I know I said I wouldn't ask any more questions about it, but this one has to be asked as it's a very important feature on Nintendo's 3DS game system.

Please stop. Please stop. Stop. Stop. Stop. Please. Stop.

Jesus, just stop. Stop. Stop. Stop. One last thing. Stop.

I don't think it'd do anything for TV's to have it.

With games, changing the depth is quite simple.
They just have to move the cameras further apart, so when you are increasing the effect, the game can be rendered differently to counteract the change.
This means that depth will appear right. Objects will be properly adjusted.
This is best done in the 3D engine, not the TV itself.

Fake that 3D effect by simply pulling apart the 2 images that create the depth, and yes, you'll get it coming out at you more, but objects may start to appear wrong, and depth perception will die, because the camera's themselves aren't being pulled apart; Just the 2 frames.
Perspective just wouldn't look right.

I've tried to push anaglyph 3D when I haven't made the original images far apart enough, and it doesn't work at all.

Maybe it'd work in broadcasts, i.e if the cameras somehow recorded Z depth to the frames. Using a convertor on the TV, like some are changing 2D to 3D; they could be used to change the perspective as you pull away the two images, producing a better result.

But you can't have the camera's truly pulled apart for every person in the world who may have a different setting!

Another option would be for them to record with 4 cameras at once. The TV could interpolate between the 4 cameras, so when increasing depth, the TV would receive a different view slightly further apart, which would be a lot more accurate.

For future reference, if you don't like his posts, please, by all means, don't reply to them. It doesn't get much easier than that. :)

I think I answered it though, pretty well and, informatively.
Now, wheres my thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom