Problem with sound...any help appreciated!!!

chris.papp88

Beta member
I have a computer that a friend of mine built. It has not been used in a long time, so unfortunately everything is really out of date. I have updated a lot of things already, but am still having problems with my sound. I have speakers plugged in, but in control panel it says I have no audio device. I have tried a few things with no luck so far. Mother Board: MS-7008 1.0A. Another thing that I noticed is that it says my multimedia audio controller is not working properly.
Any advice...
Thanks

I have a computer that a friend of mine built. It has not been used in a long time, so unfortunately everything is really out of date. I have updated a lot of things already, but am still having problems with my sound. I have speakers plugged in, but in control panel it says I have no audio device. I have tried a few things with no luck so far. Mother Board: MS-7008 1.0A. Another thing that I noticed is that it says my multimedia audio controller is not working properly.
Any advice...
Thanks

You might let the computer know that you do have a device plugged in so you might try reinstalling the speakers.

I'm going to say start by reinstalling the chipset and audio drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website. The operating system wasn't just reinstalled by any chance, was it?

Back
Top Bottom