i7-950 vs i7-960

Lippy

Baseband Member
I was planning to get a new i7 processor for my new computer build. Would the i7-960 be better then the i7-950? Is it worth the extra $30?

Btw, I don't think I'm planning on OCing.

You won't notice much difference between the two. Save the cash and just get the 950. If you want to spring for the 960, you may as well get the 2600k, as it offers performance superior to both chips, but you'll have to wait for the market to release new motherboards because of Intel's chipset issues. I'd be worth the wait IMO.

You won't notice much difference between the two. Save the cash and just get the 950. If you want to spring for the 960, you may as well get the 2600k, as it offers performance superior to both chips, but you'll have to wait for the market to release new motherboards because of Intel's chipset issues. I'd be worth the wait IMO.

Most of those issues have already been fixed. If you look around a lot of the old boards have been re-released as V2.0 or V1.1

If I plan to overclock in the future, which i7 processor would be the best? I plan on spending around $300.

Any suggestions? :O

Most of those issues have already been fixed. If you look around a lot of the old boards have been re-released as V2.0 or V1.1

Negative good sir, the boards are still being released into the channel. The ones that are available are being sold faster than they are becoming available. We tried to build some SB's at work last week, and no one had any boards for them (Newegg, TD, mwave, etc)

It sucks after Intel has a chipset issue, re-flooding the market always takes more time proportional to the amount of money you have to spend! :)

and yes, I know the issues have been fixed, that's why we want one!

Back
Top Bottom