My First Bluescreen

Trainzer

Baseband Member
Had this computer since 2008.

It's running Windows Vista 32-bit. It's actually NEVER given me a single "Windows Vista Cursed" problem until now.

It was probably overload. I opened a huge video file in VideoLAN, and then someone bombed our Skype IM and finally, I accidentally clicked a YouTube video... at once... with a 2.4GHz processor and only 1GB of RAM.

So, was it overloading, or something else, because trust me, this computer has made it through worse overloading than that. I just think it's maybe getting too old...

Help or advice to prevent another one is welcomed!

Cheers,
Joshua

Yeah It happened to me on XP that is why i upgraded to vista in the first place Software over load and then Blue screen saying "Preparing For Physical Memory Dump"
Yeah XP Got Old and couldnt take the Software overload i have only had one in my lifetime and that was with XP.... So... I Dont know what to say to ya.

Yeah, it's okay. I'm probably going to try to see if I can even afford a new computer to build.

Cheers,
Joshua

I Acctually happen to like windows vista home premium because the copy that i got was free and i dont have the $120.00 to spend on Windows seven i have not had any problems with windows vista and it is plenty fast at 3 GB Ram And A 3.10 GHz Pentium 4 Processor

Yeah It happened to me on XP that is why i upgraded to vista in the first place Software over load and then Blue screen saying "Preparing For Physical Memory Dump"
Yeah XP Got Old and couldnt take the Software overload i have only had one in my lifetime and that was with XP.... So... I Dont know what to say to ya.

I still use xp, and hardly ever get blue screens, in my exerperience[FONT=&quot] they are normally caused be device drivers
[/FONT]

Vista and 7 gave me tones of bsods in the past on my other rig. Every time I opened a video file boom bsod, opened a photo boom bsod even youtube it would play in a windows but full screen caused a bsod so finally I just gave up and went back to xp but this was a computer with a 1.6ghz processor and 1.5gb ram. Everything on it works fine in xp. My current rig has behaved for over a year now.

Also I have never heard of overloading a computer causing a bsod unless there are heat issues or bad ram or something and I have had people fork bomb my computer it just gets real slow and non responsive to the point you have to hit the reset button.

BSOD is a driver or hardware failure. Windows 7 is extremely stable. So much so that I've yet to have a BSOD on it caused by the OS. I've always found a root cause that was outside of the OS's sphere of influence.

As for the BSOD, bad RAM would be my first guess, second is a power supply that is either too dusty inside or is finally having problems giving reliable voltages.

Also, for the record, Windows 7 can be had (legally) for as low as $99 for the full version.

Back
Top Bottom