2600k GPU suggestion

MERC767

Baseband Member
Well I just bought a 2600k i7 and I want a good GPU to go with it. I am looking in the realm of $300 I was looking at the HD 6970 and the GTX 570. Please don't have fanboy fights on Nvidia vs. AMD, I just want the best bang for my buck. I want to run games like ARMA II and Crysis 2 on 1920x1080 resolution.

VRAM doesn't really matter past the 1GB mark for games of now on single displays anyway.

If you were going to be using Eye-Infinity for example, plugging up more displays with higher and higher resolutions, then that is where the extra RAM would be used on the AMD card.

VRAM doesn't really matter past the 1GB mark for games of now on single displays anyway.

If you were going to be using Eye-Infinity for example, plugging up more displays with higher and higher resolutions, then that is where the extra RAM would be used on the AMD card.

Ok and thanks everytime I ask the 570 vs. 6970 everyone brings up the 580 even though I can't afford that, but this is definitely really convincing me to get the 570 seems worth it I thought the 6970 would be better suited for a 1080p res but I guess not necessarily thanks for the help!

Hang on...

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 (1280MB) Review > Benchmarks: Crysis Warhead, World in Conflict - TechSpot Reviews

Hmm.. Maybe I was reading misguided information. I'm sorry. It would seem it's the opposite way around.
The 580 looks on par with the 6970 on this, with the 570 getting beaten on almost every test

Yep... it would seem so

Oh, it's okay, I don't see why Nvidia advertises the 6970 vs. the GTX 580 when the 580 is $200 more expensive and not a whole lot better. Bad marketing on their behalf in my opinion. Probably because the 6970 is AMD's fastest and newest single GPU available and the GTX 580 is Nvidia's fastest and newest single GPU available.

Oh and by the way I WAS talking about the GTX 570 vs. HD 6970 not GTX 580 vs. 6970 I was just saying that everyone thinks the 580 is the one option I want and I can't afford it.

Oh, I know you were. I'm just saying that the 580 is more a direct competitor with the 6970 card.
The 570 gets beat on almost every test, so you should definitely aim for the 6970.

Sorry for the confusion

Oh, I know you were. I'm just saying that the 580 is more a direct competitor with the 6970 card.
The 570 gets beat on almost every test, so you should definitely aim for the 6970.

Sorry for the confusion

Nah it's all good, thanks for the help man I really appreciate it. Now ARMA II is a game I really want to try out, someone on a forum said he had a 6970 and 2600k build and he experienced extreme micro-stutter on that game and took the card back. Was that most likely a driver issue? Because that's what set me away from the 6970 initially and caused me to post on a few forums. A guy at Micro Center told me it was driver issues. Please answer this and that should be all the questions I need answered. Thanks again Kage really appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom