Android Vs IPHONE

BK_123

Golden Master
Hey there everyone.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the android software and the iphone software. I would recommend an IPHONE to anyone, I am not familar with the android system but personally I think the IPHONE has a lot more to offer...

i bought an android phone because it was so much cheaper than an iphone. But I found myself frustrated that what ever I did my friends with iphones could do much better. So I ended up selling my android phone and buying an iphone :)

I like the way that there is an app for almost everything

Android -> Linux based, 150,000 apps or so on their store. Good because it spans multiple phone manufacturers and provides a simple but feature-rich OS in a smaller price bracket.

iOS -> Based on OS X, a more premium OS, and has 300,000+ apps. Better (IMHO) because of it's insane simplicity (proven than a 3 year old can use it) and also, like android, its feature rich-ness. But it is only available on the iPhone which is very much a 'premium' piece of kit.

Hardware wise, using the Galaxy S as a rival to the iPhone -> CPUs are near enough the same, the Galaxy is expandable because it uses removable memory cards rather than embedded flash memory. The RETINA Display on my iPhone isnt quite as 'big' feeling as the AMOLED on my girlfriend's Glalaxy S but my resolution is definately better.

Its too general to just say 'android vs. iPhone' because thee are 80 quid android phones and there are 600 quid android phones. A Sony experia is no match for the iPhone, but the Desire HD and Galaxy S/Ace definately are right up there with it. the Nexus S also.

iPhone if you're afraid of options, and enjoy overpaying for hardware. I've never been a fan of the iPhone in any capacity. The only downside I see with Android is that it can splinter a bit depending on what manufacturer you have.

I'm loving my Android EVO, I just wish I knew more about OS's to do take my phone to it's full potential. Avid apple product hater. The argument of which has more apps isn't a good one because how many apps are actually worth a damn? Both markets pretty much have the same popular apps and that's all that matters. Not this, oh, iphone has twice as many apps as droid.

Not really. I think it's well known that iOS has higher quality applications. It just comes with the territory of producing for one handset.

Not really. I think it's well known that iOS has higher quality applications. It just comes with the territory of producing for one handset.

But I think the applications you pay for are pretty much the same quality. I just like the community behind the Android OS, it's a lot more open in my opinion. I just hate how locked down the iPhone is.

Back
Top Bottom