Starting my own computer repair business

Zoney

Baseband Member
After sorting out many problems for friends, family, co workers and others that they have given my details too. I have decided to attempt my own computer repair business.

As anybody else attempted this?

Yes, It was succseful to a degree (At my most profitable, maybe $400 a month?) but i live in a small town with a fair bit of competition.

I have long thought about doing this too, it's been one of my dreams for a long time, although there is a fair bit of competition going around. I also work for a repair company which I took as a part time job whilst I study at college to get some industry knowledge on how things work at the business side.

The best advice I can give is to price your work accordingly. Find out what other local companies charge for virus removal, hardware testing and installation etc etc..

Also in the process of reading this book. Starting a Computer Business - Building a Successful PC Repair and Service Business It is aimed more at the American market but still contains relevant information to computer repair startups if you live elsewhere.

As for advertising, a simple website is enough to advertise details such as services provided, hours, cost and contact details. What about local newspapers too? You can get a few hundred business cards printed up for a few quid to hand out to customers.

Good luck

Yeah along the lines of what bob said. I Setup a website (Which is now my primary source of business!), got business cards printed up and advertised in the local paper.

Thanks for the input, ordered some business cards, I will also put ads in the paper and create a website, I already have a full time job, I am aiming to make that a part time job and do this business part time, and see what happens.

After sorting out many problems for friends, family, co workers and others that they have given my details too. I have decided to attempt my own computer repair business.

As anybody else attempted this?

Where abouts will you be based??

Thanks for the input, ordered some business cards, I will also put ads in the paper and create a website, I already have a full time job, I am aiming to make that a part time job and do this business part time, and see what happens.
good luck, let us know how you get on

Back
Top Bottom