Drinking question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This does deal with alcohol, if this is against the rules, then mods can close it.

I turned 21 last week, which is the legal drinking age in the US. However, I only have a drivers permit. I got the permit when I was 16, so it will have the big red "Under 21". The people that got their license before 21 will have their license expire when they reach 21 and will require them to get a new ID. However, this does not affect me because I never got a license because I do not own a car, so it seems useless to get one.

So my question is. Since I am over 21 and got an ID (drivers permit) that shows my date of birth, am I allowed to go to bars or liquor stores and purchase beer? Or will I have to go to the DMV and get a license/regular state ID?

will i am not from the US. but in my contry you just has to have some ID with a picture and the birth data.
it can also be 2 separate cards (like one of them has the age and the other has the date) as long that the same name is on those cards.

btw. i have just become 20. i have ben drunk so many times that i cant count them on my fingers in a binary system.
in danmark you have to be 16 to buy beer and 18 to buy alcohol over 15%(has just changed from 2011. before an 16 year old can buy anything exept cigarettes). 18 to enter bars.
in danmark an 13 old girl can drink. well.. the police cant do anything about it unless she is running arround drunk in the city.
if she where at home or at some freinds house, that would be legal.

scandinavian countries FTW.

10 year ago a 15 year old could drink everything AND smoke.
smoking age is now 18.

but in danmark you have to be 18 to drive.
and the license for a car is way more expensive then in the US.

any form of ID that you have the PROVIDES PROOF of your age, and date of birth, will get you in to a bar,
AKA
Drivers License/Permit
ID Card

And you could just go into a bar and try, they cant arrest you if your of age anyways lol

scandinavian countries ftw.
this ^^

Might want to try at a liquor store first. The thing is, they might not accept it because aren't permits usually printed on paper? They might find it looks fake or easy to make a fake one at least. Just go to the DMV and get a license...

Might want to try at a liquor store first. The thing is, they might not accept it because aren't permits usually printed on paper? They might find it looks fake or easy to make a fake one at least. Just go to the DMV and get a license...

Mine was modeled after a normal license but vertical instead of horizontal. It was a hard copy. Then again, I live in Maryland so it may be different. But any official government issued license should work with no issue. I have a friend who is going through the same thing as you and his works fine.

Mine was modeled after a normal license but vertical instead of horizontal. It was a hard copy. Then again, I live in Maryland so it may be different. But any official government issued license should work with no issue. I have a friend who is going through the same thing as you and his works fine.
Illinois must be cheap. Mine was a paper slip, lol. It was 5 years ago though too.

i think u will be ok. You are over 21 and have official photo id proof

If it is paper I HIGHLY doubt it will fly. When I turned 21 all there was for a permit was paper but I don't know if they still use those nowadays. If it is a plastic one you should be fine. So if it is paper you will probably have to go to the DMV and get an ID card.

My guess is that the permit you have probably expired. Any place that checks ID will want a valid, non-expired ID. Not just places that sell alcohol either. A bank, for example, will not let you open an account with an expired ID. Just go to the DMV and get an ID card. Those are good for 10 years (in CA anyway).

Back
Top Bottom