My eVGA 460 Overclock good or bad?

grenades4balls

Baseband Member
I just finished overclocking my 460 without changing the voltage, im new to overclocking so i am just wondering if this is good. the coreclock is 720 at stock and i have it at 850. so would it be worth it even trying to up the voltage or is it good where it is?
460OVERCLOCK.jpg

you need to run the MSI stability test including in your download of this overclocking tool.

after the test of 2 minutes you must tjek how hot the GPU is. i whold say: dont go too much over 80 C.
when you are happy with the result, try some games and look for anything unusual. like some black spikes. (called heatspikes) those indicate that the GPU is too hot.
also if the OC is unstable it will freese.
dont worry about if it freeses. that is normal when you are going for the max OC. just restart.
just remember not to set the option that MSI afterburner should set those settings at windows startup.

you will be happy to hear that the 460. (just liek the 260 and the 560) is the most overclockable card in there serie. ^^
especaly the 460 because that the 470 and the 480 have heating problems. (the 460 is a bf 104 gpu insted of the crappy bf 100 gpu that the 470 and the 480 has)
thank god you didnt buy an 480. that is one of the most crapy shitty fucked up cards in that price. it realy get hot and uses alot of power.

thanks 4 ur reply :) and thanks again that really helped i got th core clock to 910, i wasent really able to up the memory. and running a number of stability tests it never goes over 65C

+respect

You probably shoudn't have overclocked in MSI Afterburner. BIOS overclocks are the best if you want a very clean overclock.

overclocking the graphic card in the bios........ how......
you cant do that.
overclocking the gpu is done in the driver. and the bios cant do that.

While I feel BIOS overclocking is the best for motheboard/CPU/RAM overclocking, software overclocking is pretty much the only and/or best way to overclock your GPU.

Back
Top Bottom