Do you think someone will ever come up with a solution to computer viruses?

I was reading further about malware (from the April issue of PC World). Stupid article claims we don't have to worry about viruses as hackers are just interested in doing malware that (quietly) takes over the computer for purposes such as gathering data. I say the writer of that article doesn't know what he's talking about.

My computer came under attack last week I'm with norton it alerted me and I just had to simply remove it.

I was reading further about malware (from the April issue of PC World). Stupid article claims we don't have to worry about viruses as hackers are just interested in doing malware that (quietly) takes over the computer for purposes such as gathering data. I say the writer of that article doesn't know what he's talking about.
I agree with the author. What is there to gain in making someones computer slow? And what is there to gain in taking over their computer quietly and slowly? Well, bank, paypal, and other personal information/passwords.

I agree with the author. What is there to gain in making someones computer slow? And what is there to gain in taking over their computer quietly and slowly? Well, bank, paypal, and other personal information/passwords.

I'm in disagreement with the author because if the opportunity exists, someone will take advantage of it.

anyway

say, someone does find a cure for all known malware and viruses today...

by tomorrow, a thousand or so viruses that can bypass that cure by some form of mutating code will be in circulation.

It's like vaccinating against malaria then dying of cholera.

I'm in disagreement with the author because if the opportunity exists, someone will take advantage of it.
Umm what? Opportunity for what? That's his point. There's no benefit to just slow someone's computer, it's a waste of time, but to steal their info, there is a benefit in that.

The author is wrong for a simple reason.

they assume that the future of malware is trojan only, whilst the rest of us know that malware could just as easily be spread as a virus.

Basically, no, viruses won't disappear, provided that there are available exploits people will write viruses to take advantage of them. the simple fact is that nowadays, people tend to have modem-routers with built in firewalls, so there doesn't tend to be as many systems directly exposed to the internet as their once was. so it's a bit more difficult for viruses to spread.

Back
Top Bottom